Sunday 6 February 2011

A Chance to Be A Krafty Girl

As well as having a fabulous Birthday sale last week, Kimmie over at Kraftin Kimmie announced a competition to become a Krafty Girl and join the design team as a guest designer for the month of April.  This is a chance I just can't pass up.......

To be entered, you have to participate in each of the weekly challenges throughout February, and the first challenge posted yesterday was "Seeing Red" - you had to use red on your card somewhere.  I decided to use Monique and she just scream "red" to me - she's a sassy little gal!


I decided to make a step card, in black to go with the red for added drama, and I used an Alota background stamp to make a theatrical backdrop which was coloured with copics, then I masked off the curtains, painted a spotlight with shimmer paints, and over blended with distress inks.


I coloured Monique herself with copics and mounted her onto thick white card to provide some extra strength before cutting her out.  I added some stickles for sparkle to her bodice and a gem necklace and another on her hat.  She comes with a cute sentiment which says "when in doubt, dance", but I wanted a larger sentiment to fill the side of my step card, so I decided to use a Stempleglede stamp which I thought matched the confident stance of Monique.


I'm not sure how clear the image is to read, but the sentiment says "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  Live the life you have imagined"   So I am confidently going to imagine myself winning the guest designer spot......   ;-)

http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.com/2011/02/challenge-64-seeing-red.html

Thanks for visiting....
    Craftilicious x

2 comments:

  1. you've definitely captured the spirit of this image in your very dramatic card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I'm blown away by the stage you created for Monique! Your step card is incredible!! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips