Saturday 11 February 2017

Less is More is 6!

Less is More was the first challenge blog I ever played in - I played along in Week 2, One Layer Botanicals, for the first time which is 6 years ago this week!   I am back to join in their month long birthday celebration and its fitting that I am playing along and sponsoring week 2 which is the dreaded one layer week (although actually I love making one layer cards - who doesn't love a bit of masking!)

My store, Seven Hills Crafts, is sponsoring this week with a £20 voucher to spend in store, so do make sure you play along - there will be 4 prizes in total this month so make sure you visit every week.

The challenge was to create a one layer card featuring opposites - now the one layer thing didn't phase me but I spent a long time head scratching about what opposites to use, but finally settled on rain and shine.


I used Chance of Rain by Mama Elephant and used masking to create a little scene with the girl and her teddy in matching macs and wellies - simply stamped and coloured with polychromos pencils (no colour shows on the inside this way which is handy for one layer cards).  The sun, clouds and rain came from Sending Sunshine from Wplus9. 

Do check out the rest of the lovely examples over on the Less is More Blog and link up your entries before Friday evening.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! :) sweet images
    Cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, so bright and cheerful and beautifully coloured with the Polychromos! It's a super choice of opposites and feels really uplifting. Thanks so much for being our generous week 2 sponsor, and how fab that it's the anniversary of your first ever entry <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Love the vibrancy of the raincoats and wellies with the greyness of the rain clouds Tara. Ha! That's another opposite ;-) Those primary colours really pop and the colouring is beautiful. Thank you so much for being a super guest designer, and for your generous sponsorship on this birthday week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card! And the little bear makes me think of Paddington. Your card would bring cheer to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply adorable! Love the rain and sunshine scene. Beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun, cute and cheery Tara. Gorgeous images and a perfect take on the opposites challenge. Thanks for being a wonderful sponsor and guest designer for our challenge this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun, cute and cheery Tara. Gorgeous images and a perfect take on the opposites challenge. Thanks for being a wonderful sponsor and guest designer for our challenge this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So great to have you with us this week, Tara. A fab card for our challenge and I love the primary colours. Polychromos have been on my wishlist forever, hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on some soon, I love the look of them x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love you cute card, also love your online store!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card ! What a cute example to showcase the theme of this challenge ! I love this little scene and how you coloured it ! I especially love their raincoats...they remind me so much the raincoats we used to wear ! Thanks so much for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun card - I'm off to check out your store

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips