Saturday 2 May 2015

Blue Tit of Friendship

I've been itching to ink up this lovely little birdie from WPlus9 since it was released a few weeks ago but I've not had time.  I have plans for it tomorrow on my store blog but I thought I'd get a head start by making an entry for this week's colour challenge from LIM too http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/week-222-colour.html


The challenge was to use opposite colours on the colour wheel so I went with blue and yellow and turned the bird into a blue tit.  I hope I can be forgiven the little hint of brown on the branch as he needed something to perch on.   He is lovely and simple to colour, even if you aren't a brilliant painter (I know cos I'm not an expert!)  I just used distress markers and some white acrylic paint.  I fussy cut him out and then extended the lines on the branch so I could pop him in a little die cut frame (Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Circle die) and I added a little blue distress ink around the edges of the frame to drawn your eye into the middle.  The sentiment is from Mama Elephant's Origami set and I just curved it on my block to match the frame before stamping it.


4 comments:

  1. I love the way you've blended the ink to draw the eye in, and you're ok, minimal neutrals are allowed ;)
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More GD

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea to combine these colours into a blue tit.. positively inspired. Superb card Tara!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWzers Tara. Fantastic colouring, superb image and love your mix of colours
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Tara and a great idea to use a blue tit. We have a couple ( nearly said a pair lol) of tits visit our garden around 6 every morning. Thats when I know spring has arrived.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips