Monday 11 November 2013

House of Cards Poppies

 

This month at House of Cards we have a colour/photo inspiration for you to follow through the weekly style challenges and this week it's the Clean and Simple style.   You can chose to be inspired by the colours (at least 3) or by the photo but as you can see from my card above I decided to use both.


I used the orange and green as mats for my focal image which was entirely created with a memory box die.  I cut it from some black card and then used the waste as a stencil to ink through flipping it over to give me a bud on either side.  I then cut the black die cut apart to create a different shape and glued it down with a fine glue pen.  The sentiment (sorry can't remember which set its from) was stamped onto dark green card stock to get more of the colours in.

Now it's your turn - hop on over to House of Cards and play along with us :-)


3 comments:

  1. Tara - this is absolutely beautiful! I adore poppies and I think the softly stenciled background flowers are really pretty. Lovely sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO gorgeous, Tara! I adore the fabulous image you chose and I LOVE the coloring of the poppies! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week!!! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips