Friday, 2 November 2012
A little too much sugar......
Sometimes you have a great idea for a challenge card, you can see it in your head, but then you put it onto paper (well card really) and it just looks, well pants really! I had just such an idea for this week's CASology cue card which this week is brought you by the word "sugar" http://casology.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/week-17-sugar.html
I had the idea that tiny glass beads look like sugar and that paired with the great sweets from the Waltzingmouse Candy Jar Christmas set would make the perfect CAS card - and then, like a toddler "helping" in the kitchen, I went and added a little too much sugar, well actually, a LOT too much sugar and now you can't see the sweets!
I thought this was too good an idea to pass though, so I had another go, and this time got the sugar just right. I finished with a washi tape border but I cut the washi into very thin strips by sticking it onto acetate, slicing and then peeling it back off again. I coloured the sweets with copics, covered with glossy accents and a THIN layer of micro beads and a touch of glitter.