Saturday 6 February 2016

Happy 5th Birthday Less is More!

I'm really thrilled to have been asked to join in with the birthday celebrations at Less is More today - the challenge is 5 years old!   Can you believe it?  Time sure does fly when you're crafting every Saturday morning!    Checking the challenge is the first thing I do every Saturday.......    Thanks so much for inviting me to play along ladies.

So, the challenge today is White on White with a hint of black, gold or silver.   I love the cleanness of a white on white card and knew as soon as they gave me the challenge details that I wanted to play with the lovely new layering die from Concord and 9th, they really do have some of the most interesting dies on the market.   This one is Layers of Love and it would be just perfect for wedding invites!



I started with a square base card and trimmed 2 squares of 300gsm white card just slightly smaller than the base card.  I die cut the two different hearts from the centres - one on each card to get the layers which were simply stuck to the base card with foam tape.

My hint of gold comes from a gold foiled word die (Wplus9 Flower Doodles) foiled using stick-it adhesive and therefore no need of a laminator!   To match the gold I added some tiny gold gems into the holes in the floral layer.

As usual - white cards are a pig to photograph - it does look much more beautiful irl!

Hope you're inspired to join in the fun - there are even prizes up for grabs so what are you waiting for?!?!?

13 comments:

  1. Lovely to have your joining us, Tara. And this is an absolute stunner. Love the central texture with the gold accents. So pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this card Tara and the die is FAB-U-LOUS! I think I feel a purchase coming on!
    Thanks so much for your support and for joining us this week, it's so good to have you with us!
    Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card .... I love white on white and this die is jst perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card .... I love white on white and this die is jst perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for being a superb and generous guest designer Tara and sharing in our 5th birthday party. Your card is super elegant, super CAS and super gorgeous. Love it. Sarah (Less is More)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for being a superb and generous guest designer Tara and sharing in our 5th birthday party. Your card is super elegant, super CAS and super gorgeous. Love it. Sarah (Less is More)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how stylish Tara - this looks stunning! Lovely to have you join us this week to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card - that die is beautiful!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the prettiest card! Love it!
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting die and your card is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazingly beautiful card, I love those little gold accents.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card Tara. The sentiment in the centre finishes it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card Tara. The sentiment in the centre finishes it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips