Saturday 22 February 2014

Waltzingmouse Guys

It's time for another challenge over at Waltzingmouse Fanatics and this time we just want to see a card for a guy.   I love making masculine cards but couldn't choose a set so I decided to combine our challenge with another to help me make my choice and I used the sketch at Seize the Sketch which led me to My Kind of Guy.


If you're a regular visitor here you're probably not surprised to see kraft - I just think it works so well with masculine cards.  I started with the central panel and stamped the rectangular frame in a darker brown and punched each dot with a pokey tool so I could stitch the border with twine.  Before stitching I masked off the edges of the frame and stamped half the panel with the woodgrain border from Way out West in grey to match the sketch.  I added sentiments from My Kind of Guy in brown and black and popped the little bowler hat (LOVE that hat!) over the G on guy and then used a fine pen to highlight the words in the middle.

Once I stitched the border (and made my fingers sore with the stupidly thick twine I chose!) I die cut a circle in black and embossed it with a woodgrain folder (SU) to match the panel.  I added a stitched border (hand drawn) to the card base and then mounted everything with foam squares.  I finished with the mustache from My Kind of Guy stamped in black and fussy cut.

Hope you like it - we can't wait to see your guy cards over on the challenge blog  http://waltzingmousefanaticschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

9 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right that kraft works so well on guy cards. I do like this card with the texture in the stitching and the sweet bowler hat and tashe! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous masculine card - great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining in with STS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mustache!
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! And I have relatives in Sheffield - live in Dore.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an awesome masculine card, something that I find challenging to make. Love the stache!
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masculine card - love the stitching and the stamped wood grain! Thanks for joining us at STS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great masculine card! I really like the stitching around the sentiment panel. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the 'stash! pinned this for later inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super take on the sketch! I just love this masculine card!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips