Sunday 8 December 2013

Candlelight

It's my day to bring you inspiration over on the Make the Day Special blog again and I'm playing with one of the only remaining WPlus9 sets still in the store since everyone had a rush on them last week - Merry and Bright


I do love the multi-layer stamps that WPlus9 produce as they are such fun to play with and watch the images grow as you stamp them.  If you've never used them, I thought I'd show you how they work - for example the pine branches I've used on my card come in 3 parts so I've stamped them to show you how to layer them up.


For the rest of my card I used a mixture of the stamps and the matching dies, stamping the lantern twice, first on the card base and then again on vellum.  The pine branches went over the base image and then I used the die cut pine cones and holly leaves to cover up where they showed under the vellum - this allowed me to have the candle higher in the lantern but not have it floating in mid-air as you can't see the bottom of it.  I framed the scene in a die cut circle and stamped the sentiment onto a banner die cut with white embossing and layered it across the circle.

We're off to a food and drink fair at Donnington Park today for a little festive shopping so I expect to see lots of candle and pine arrangements just like this one!


1 comment:

  1. Stamping in layers like this is so effective isn't it?! I love the card you've made especially the vellum which makes the lantern seem to shine with a lovely soft light. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips