My mojo seems to have gone on strike which is a bit of a bugger as I have lots of cards to make! I had several attempts to make a card for CASual Friday last night with the idea of kissing a chevron stamp to a flower - they are all in the bin and I actually gave up on crafting in favour of housework last night so that might tell you how far my mojo went!
However, I am determined by nature, so I'm back this morning for another go and the black and lime colour combo at Less is More this morning lead me to my black and white chevron washi tape and before I knew it I had something not so terrible that I can post to both challenges - http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/cfc97.html and http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/week-114-colour-challenge.html
I lined up 3 strips of washi tape to make it a continuous chevron pattern and then stamped a sentiment from Clearly Besotted's Frame Sentiment set underneath in pear tart ink. I die cut a flower from lime green felt (IRL it's very close to pear tart in colour but I cannot for the life of me get a good photo of it) and rolled it (think it's an MFT die) and added some die cut leaves using a Wplus9 die. Finished with a simple gem in the middle.
As Stephanie is sponsoring LIM today and I got her new release yesterday, I thought I'd share another card I made - no challenge involved this time I have just been waiting for this set since I saw the sneaks so couldn't wait to play with it.
I started with the largest feather in the set and stamped it into some cloud clay which I rolled out - if you haven't discovered cloud clay it's amazing air dry clay that is super light so perfect for using on cards. If you ink your stamps with versamark you can stamp into the clay and your stamps don't get stuck. I let the clay dry a little and then simply trimmed the feather with scissors. I then stamped another feather in versamark to capture all the lovely detail top to toe to form a border across the kraft card base. Once fully dry, I heat embossed one of the fabby sentiments from the set in white to match the clay feather, drew some white lines to frame it all and stuck the clay feather over the top with pinflair glue.