Wednesday 17 October 2012

Colourful Blog Party

It's blog party time again over at Waltzingmouse stamps and this month it's all about colour - and being close to Halloween, they've gone for a spooky palette of black, purple and orange.  Now as much as those colours would lead you down the Halloween path, I don't really "do" Halloween (it's not big in our area at all) so I've struggled to come up with an idea.


In the end, I went for a very simply tag card using the new Opera stamps and gorgeous matching dies, paired with a simple sentiment from compact sentiments using the suggested colours.  I would never have paired orange and purple but I kind of like it - even though none of my purples match!

I'm looking forward to seeing all the spooky offerings from the rest of the party goers :-)


17 comments:

  1. Love the dry embossed background and that stamp/die combination is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever interpretation of the colors. I love the bow and the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - cool used of the opera tag for a colorful ornament! love that ribbon and fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the embossed background and elegant tag! It's really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your embossed background and that tag, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh , I really love that new tag and the way you used it . Gorgeous embossed background! Love the shimmer to the paper too, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty.. It makes me want to pay with my opera tag stap and die, too. Love the idea of making it an ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your purples blend perfectly...the bow color really pops and I love those new opera tags.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out WONDERFULLY...this color challenge didn't slow you down at all. The embossed background looks fabulous with this great Opera Tag sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! Love it when people think out of the box! That sentiment is fantastic framed with the Opera tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That opera tag looks fab - and that embossed background is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Opera tag as a feature on the front of a card, I thought the embossing behind the tag really set it off!! and, nope, I could not see past Halloween either, lol!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The opera tag is lovely and makes a beautiful focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A yummy card...I'm thinking Smuckers Goober grape peanut butter and Orangina... I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three cheers for D'Vine Swirls, hee! The Opera Tag is perfectly dramatic to match your WOW sentiment! Awesome use of the colors, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your opera tag card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips