Sunday, 18 August 2013

CASing Jennifer

I was really drawn to this week's CASe study card - not least as it was done by Jennifer McGuire who is, let's face it, a bit of a legend, but also because I saw a great chance to play with my new WPlus9 stamps which I've had a few weeks but have not yet seen ink http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/case-study-challenge-153.html

This is my take on her fabulous card


I took my inspiration from her floral wreath and also the dotted background.  I started with "Square Peg Round Hole" stamp, stamped in Crumb Cake into the centre of a white panel.  I then cut 3 sets of the fresh cut florals with the dies that come with the WPlus9 stamps and then I set about inking them up.  I have to say they are SUCH fun to play with - the detailed layers make them so interesting and easy to get good results from.  I chose 4 purple inks and 2 green all from Momento (Lulu Lavender, Lilac Posies, Sweet Plum and Elderberry and Bamboo Leaves and Olive Grove) to keep consistency of colour so it didn't look confused when I mixed up all the shapes.  I used the shape of the base stamp to line up the flowers in a ring - once arranged I photographed so I could remember the placement when taking them off to glue down - but I did end up changing it up a little still.  I added a sentiment from the same set in black directly over the base stamp and rounded the corners of my panel before mounting onto a kraft base card to match the crumb cake ink.


4 comments:

  1. So pretty. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Tara, love your colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you used! The bits of bling are the perfect touch :)


    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This is stunning! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips