Monday, 6 May 2013

CASE Study - Maille

The new muse at CASE study this month is Maille Belles - I love her design - it's always her stamps at PTI that catch my eye and her first CASE card really caught my eye too.  http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/case-study-challenge-139.html

 

I think my card may be a little too close to the original but I really loved the colours she used as well as the layout so I CASEd both.


I started with the lovely circular bloom from Stampin Up's Betsy's Bloossoms set inking it from the centre first with tangelo ink, then grey flannel and finally london fog.  I trimmed the edge off up to the flower and trimmed with scissors around the bloom.  I stamped the sentiment from Stampin Up's Hello Friend set with versamark dusky grey.  I popped the panel up on dimensional foam onto the basecard onto which I layered a strip of DP.  I finished with an orange floral button threaded with a bow tied with multicoloured thread and to pull the colour over, an orange sequin on the end of sentiment's swirl.

We've had a nice day out in Derbyshire today - the hottest bank holiday I can remember in a long time - we went to Eyam, the plague village that is behind the "ring a ring a roses" nursery rhyme.  My hubby had never been, despite it only being around 20 miles from our house so we put that right this afternoon.  We're both ready for a nice snooze now - all that fresh air and walking has wiped us out!





3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous design and I like the way you CASEd it using these beautiful stamps. The 'hello' is exactly the right shape and I love the way you finished it with the sequin. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love what you did with that awesome sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your flower! And the little pops of orange with that little sequin - adorable! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips