Friday, 6 April 2012

CASE Notes


I really love Laurie Schmidlin's cards and have followed her for a couple of years so I was really excited to see that she is this month's muse at CASE Study Challenge and her first card uses my fave colour (teal blue) so I knew I had to have a go and play along.  http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/case-study-challenge-85.html  I decided to combine it with the music challenge over in the Craft Room http://craft-roomchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/music.html and this is what I came up with:


For the musical theme challenge I decided to replace the typewriter image in Laurie's beautiful card with a record (anyone under 35 reading this probably doesn't even know what one of those is!!!)  I made it from black card a 5 nesties by taping them together and embossing them before cutting it out using the largest one.  The indents look like the grooves in the record.  I added the sentiment from Technique Tuesday in the centre of the record along with a few musical notes and made a strip of music in the same paper using another stamp from the same set.  The DP is from the Alla Prima stack.  The die cut is from poppy stamps.  I finished with a twine bow and a cream rose.

I don't have Laurie's shabby chic ability when it comes to layers but it does help when you have a great starting point to CASE so hopefully I'll get to play along each week this month and get some practice in ;-)




15 comments:

  1. Love how you made the record! A great take on Laurie's card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever! This card is fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara what a great card and a brilliant idea

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a genius idea Tara! I love those colours together...gorgeous! Happy Easter! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius idea to make the LP from nesties!!!
    Love how you CASified the design and kept the colours :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super clever idea. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Craft Room challenge this fortnight. Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant and such a good idea. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for the card! I love the record... and I am a little bit under 35 ;). Enjoy the day!

    Blessings,
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous, your record looks almost real! A great idea to layer the nesties. Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck in the draw.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on the inspiration card and for the memory of vinyl! thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room challenge good luck XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous take of the inspiration and thank you for the memory of vinyl. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge good luck XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the record- so cool, thanks for joining us at Craft room challenge, debi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW - cool idea with the nesties, it's looks brilliant ! Unfortunately I am in the age bracket that remembers vinyl...love the colour combo, Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute! I love that record!!! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cheerful, funky design! Thank you for playing along with us at CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips